Friday, April 6, 2012

Always Searching

I've always admired people with blogs, real blogs, that people check every day because they are actually interested in what the writer has to say. I don't know if this blog will become one of them, because I'm not particularly good at anything that I can show people how to do, I am not very good at giving my opinion, and I'm not the artsiest, smartest, or most well bred person out there.
However, I felt like I needed a space to share the things that are constantly going on in my head, even if know one reads them. Don't get me wrong, it would be great if people did! But I see this as a place where I can chronicle things that I've enjoyed, changes in my life, people I've met, as I better discover who I am and the person I want to be.

I just graduated from college, so I'm undergoing some big changes in my life. What career path do I want to take? What kinds of things do I actually like? I think of how much I changed from 12 to 14, 14 to 16, etc....now that I'm 22 I feel like I need to chronicle these changes because I am shaping into my adult self, my self that is going to be more permanent. 

ALL  that being said, I'm going to use this place to talk about books that I've read, music I like, food I've made (and eaten.. :)), people I've met, places I've discovered, the blessings and trials, the things God has been doing in my life....an experience diary. I want everything to be tangible and real, something that I, and others, can look back on and feel like they are reaching into the world, discovering something new.

So who am I?

My name is Kitty.

Thats me...and yes that's my real name.
I'm super social... I get my energy from being around people. And I love meeting new people, learning from them things I could have never known on my own. 
I love to sing. I feel closest to God when I sing, I can feel Him moving through me and around me. People always comment at the amount I smile...especially when I'm singing. I can't help it. I just love it too much :). 
Even though I love being around people and on stage, I also love the time that I get to spend by myself. I love to wander around cities and towns, exploring what they have to offer. This comes from years of traveling, exploring different cultures, meeting people, eating different foods. 
I love to read. I'm always in the middle of a book, and I love the experience having your imagination in the hands of a writer who can take you so far away, to places you could have never imagined on your own.
I love music. Any and all. People always make fun of my music library because it is so eclectic- one minute Yo Yo Ma, the next Kanye West- but thats what I love about it. I love how music can affect your mood, the way your feeling, can bring life to a room or can somber it. 

Other things about me?
I love NPR.
I drink coffee out of the same mug every morning.
I flip flop from being a vegetarian, and eating steak. 
I have been to over 20 different countries. My favorite? Living in Thailand. 
Haven't met a food I didn't like (except celery. Hate celery)
I know I can be really good friends with someone the moment they make fun of me. I'm naturally drawn to sarcasm.
My favorite color is grey. Or turquoise. And I love how yellow is used to contrast both of them.
I always have plans for decorating rooms floating around in my mind.
I'm notoriously messy...something I'm really working on. 
I'm always behind on the multiple TV shows I'm watching, and I have a problem with seeing characters from TV shows as my real friends. 
I love to laugh. 

Alright..well thats enough. Check back here for reviews about books, food, music, and stories from my different adventures!




1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to reading your blog, hope you'll stop by mine too, I post about once a week.

    ReplyDelete